Friday, February 24, 2012

Time to get started

Yet another blog in the internet-universe. Why? Accountability, tracking. For what purpose? It's time to start working on me. I am physically out of shape (insert "round is a shape" joke here). I've reached the point where I can't deal with it anymore.


The goal is to use this blog to keep track of progress, perhaps workouts too. I'm not sure yet if the gory details will be tracked here - this may be more of a fitness diary. I'm sure we'll have some of my diet-changes here too. 


This is all starting thanks to my friends. I have a few friends that are on their own individual paths to better health, with their own individual reasons. Some are using "program" materials such as Shakeology or Body by Vi, some are making up their own diet plans (after research, and personal trial and error), and of course all are including at least one activity component. 


*ahem Gretchen Jilly Angelina Andrasta Joe*


I personally am starting with Shakeology, and am armed with Jillian Michaels DVDs for workouts at home. I also do have a mountain bike, and will be incorporating MTB rides as weather (and my stupid arm) allows. Beyond THAT, I just purchased a month of unlimited yoga sessions, that will likely be initiated next week. 


I'm tired of saying "tomorrow". I realize the irony of delaying my start until Monday, however Mondays are better for changes, as opposed to trying to start something healthy on the weekend when I'm so accustomed to being a bum and more loosey-goosey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment