Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 1, day 1. AKA "Monday"

Well good morning friends! It's time to begin this journey properly. I am starting today with my very first Shakeology shake. I even used the blender!! I am terrible at blending things - not sure why. Perhaps it's a poor order of operations, or complete lack of any sort of instruction haha. So many delicious recipes were provided with the Shakeology mix, I HAD to try one!

I wasn't able to get out this weekend and pick up any of the extras I had planned to get, due to vehicular issues, so I winged it (in true Cass fashion). One cup of milk (2% cow milk), probably about 1/3 cup frozen strawberries (with a couple pieces of peach or mango that were frozen together), one scoop chocolate Shakeology, and about 5 ice cubes. Add some blending mojo, and BAM! A shake! Triumph number one!  Now the taste test. Not too shabby ... different than previous chocolate shake mixes I've had, but then again, the composition is completely different. Added a couple more strawberry chunks, blended a touch more, then considered it a success.

Plans for the rest of today - "before" pics and some sort of exercise on lunch (about 30 minutes of something, likely Jillian Michaels today). Lunch will most likely be a "frozen delight" - Lean Cuisine type of deal. I have three left in the freezer, and don't think I'll be buying more for the duration. I'm wanting to monitor my carb intake, outside of shakes / workout supporting foods, and so many of the frozen delights are pasta-based. Yes, they're lower calories, but calories aren't everything. I'm still working out the details of my nutrition plan. I do need to go to the grocery store today, and am planning to get a turkey breast to roast in the oven and have it for lunch over a few days. Dinners will be shifting back to Spaghetti Squash Bake - very filling, very flavorful, and lots of veggies!

More to come .... (well hopefully less of me, but you know what I mean)

No comments:

Post a Comment