Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 3 recap

Well now ... day 3 brought us Shoulders & Arms followed with Ab Ripper. Jason decided we should do Ab Ripper first, longest 15min of my life LOL. Lots of good ab moves, I can't wait to be able to do them all without half-assing. I think next time we will do abs after the workout, as the video assumes you are warmed up when it starts.

Shoulders & Arms was a killer. More focused on strength than we have seen so far, and I am feeling it today. Bad news ... I tweaked something in my back about 15min into the 60min workout :( It is better today, and Jason worked on it a bit last night. Maybe Yoga X will stretch it out tonight.

Ended up with under 1500cal yesterday, dinner was a much lighter calorie load than I had anticipated. I think somewhere between 1500-1800 is the right calorie intake for me at this point ... but I don't know if I am suffering too much by being on the low end. The nutrition portion of this adventure is still very wishywashy, and quite frankly is one of the bigger challenges. I dislike having the necessary time to prepare everything, BUT on the other hand, many of the recipes provided by P90X are short and sweet. More to come there, I suppose. We will probably start cooking a bunch on Sunday and portioning things out for the week. Hooray, more tupperware ....

1 comment: