Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekend

Saturday - shake with almond milk + ice in the shaker cup for breakfast (8:20am), then it was off for some much-needed girlifying. Hair appt 9am, followed by mani pedi. I needed a snack between hair and nails, but totally didn't plan it out, so I had to stop off. I stopped at Panera, and got a completely delicious asiago bagel with chive & onion (10:40am). Their menu had it rated ~450cal, so I had half the bagel and about a quarter of the cream cheese for my snack. Still way heavy, but I needed something and there were no other good options on my route. The other half of the bagel was snack around 1:00pm, with another quarter of the cream cheese.  2:00pm I made a salad for lunch ... spring mix, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, tomato, avocado, and yellowfin tuna. YUM.

Didn't really have an afternoon snack, the salad really filled me up. Started putting dinner (soup) together around 5:30, and we were headed to a mountain bike ride at 7:15 .. didn't have time to eat dinner before we had to head out. It wouldn't have had time to settle. I made a half PBJ around 7, so I could have some carbs and protein to get the ride going.

Ride was good - our first night ride! We took a path we are familiar with, thank the stars, because it was a completely different ballgame! our pace was a little over half what we usually do ... coupled with the perhaps minor fear of being locked in the park, we didn't dally too long. Ended up doing about 4.5 miles in  just over an hour

here was our ride

After we got back, it was time for that delicious soup! We call it Phase 1 Soup: lean stew meat, garlic, onion, bell pepper, diced tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, couple cubes of chicken bouillon, and water to balance out the fluids. One bowl for me and I was done.

I did have a couple of amazing bloody marys to accompany my dinner.

Sunday - 9:30am shake time! Pulled out the blender this time and mixed up some almond milk, shake mix, half a banana, and a few ice cubes. Simple, effective, delicious. It is 10:26am now, and I am almost finished with it. Then I will drink about .5L of tea, hello caffeine! Might make some more tea, then start in on my water for the day. There's a good bit of soup leftover, so that will probably be lunch. I am having a steak for dinner though ... been thinking about it for days.

12:00pm - apple snack

2:30pm - bowl of Phase 1 Soup

Rebuilding on Monday - 4:00pm - afternoon snack, bloody mary. 8:00pm - dinner! NY Strip (8oz), zesty zucchini + squash for side.  DELICIOUS.  Leftover steak was chopped up and put in the fridge for use in eggs this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment